Wednesday, January 11, 2012

we need a resolution

Essie - East Hampton Cottage

Infinite apologies for the poor, unkempt nails photo. But I've been too obsessed with this color lately to not confess it to the people of the interwebs. I have a love/hate relationship with nudes, as I am really particular about them being too white or not opaque enough. In fact, it was such a fluke that I ended with this in my varnish collection. I initially made a trip to Ulta to purchase Ballet Slippers after hearing so much about it. I suppose this one had been misplaced, and the rest is history! 

It's the perfect pearly shade with just a touch of pink shimmer. The consistency is creamy and for me it took about 3 coats to achieve a true opaque finish. As most lighter shades go, the application can be tricky to avoid streaking, but it's too lovely a polish for that to turn me against it. Not to mention it is buildable. 

Pigmentation: 5/5
Application: 4/5
Longevity: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...