Skincare has always been an important part in my daily regime. Ever since I was 12, my mom has drilled it into my head that I should be moisturizing and wearing sunscreen errday. These are some products that have reached staple status for fighting off flaky winter skin slash maintaining a healthy glow.
1. Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Perfecting Water Moisture Mist - I typically use this at night, unless I need that extra boost of hydration, before putting on moisturizer. It not only helps prep your skin for treatments and serums, but also protects skin against the dry winter air.
2. Boscia Intensifying Moisture Pack + - I discovered this product last year and have been in la-la-love ever since. It's so lightweight and glides on smoothly; not to mention, it makes my face feel ultra soft. I've found that a little really does go a long way with this cream.
3. Fresh Soy Cleanser - I love that this is an all-in-one, as it gentle enough to remove eye makeup and cleanse at the same time. The soy in the product is said to promote moisture retention, which leaves my skin feeling soft and not dry afterwards.
4. C.O. Bigelow Power Berry Mask - I use this mask about once a week for 15 minutes. It helps to fight against aging and skin dehydration and leaves your face smelling amazing!
5. Vaseline - We all have a tub of Vaseline somewhere! Not only do I use it to aid my chapped lips, but it also works for any dry patches you may have around your nose or anywhere else that is prone to flakiness.
6. Oatmeal - I've been creating oatmeal masks for myself once a week as well. Oats deep cleanse your pores, absorb and remove surface dirt, and hydrate and soften your skin. The magical thing about it is you can alter it or add in extra ingredients to cater to your conditions. For instance, honey and olive oil are used to combat dryness.
7. Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Refinisher - This product reduces the appearance of pores and repairs uneven skin texture, flakiness, and roughness. It has a silky, fresh finish that leaves your skin feeling smoother than ever.
8. Clinique All About Eyes Rich - You can't forget about eye creams either. I like the richness of this eye treatment. It hydrates as well as minimizes the appearance of undereye circles, shadows and fine lines.